Individual strategic advocacy supportPublished: Aug 12, 2022 Reading time: 2 minutes
This assignment is part of the “Eastern Partnership – COVID-19 Solidarity Programme” project, funded by the European Union and implemented by People in Need. The project aims to support Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and contribute toward the longer-term socio-economic resilience of vulnerable groups. Within this project, both well-established and grassroots CSOs received support from People in Need Armenia.
The Advocacy component of the project is focused on the barriers that prevent the vulnerable population from exercising their rights and contribute to the resilience of the CSO sector. One of the key elements of this phase is building the advocacy capacity of CSOs. This Component has been launched on August 05, 2022, and aims at identifying CSOs to advocate for the improvement of services and policies to mitigate the negative impact of COVID-19 on employment opportunities for vulnerable populations making them more competitive in the labor market.
People in Need Armenia is looking for two skilled Trainers (s)/Experts(s) to provide CSOs with coaching support throughout its implementation. The trainers/experts are expected to deliver ad hoc practical coaching support in an amount of 2 to 8 hours a month per organization for the period of 3 months. The organizations will also receive financial support (up to 5,000 EUR) to implement their advocacy strategies.
The on-the-job coaching will be offered in total to grassroots and well-established CSOs.
The number of hours will be discussed with the selected candidates. The coaching would preferably take place online depending on the restrictions at the time, and can also take offline.
Both individuals and legal entities can apply for this call.
The expert will be responsible for:
- The coaching sessions should be delivered over a period of 3 months.
- Submission of the following deliverables in a timely manner:
o Work Plan schedule
o Support materials (including any presentations, and worksheets)
o Photos/screenshots from the coaching sessions
o Outline of recommendations for follow-up.
The total available budget per expert is projected at the amount of 20 EUR per hour for coaching support.
Qualifications and expertise required:
- Experience with coaching, mentoring, and consultancy.
- Extensive experience in advocacy and campaigning work.
- Ability to perform tasks and fulfill responsibilities within fixed time frames.
- Proven communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of the Armenian civil society environment and the political environment is considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of English is an asset.
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a file containing:
1. CV indicating the expected qualification.
2. Availability to commit for 3 months.
3. 2 references related to leading similar types of coaching.
The decision-making process:
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
• Demonstrated advocacy campaigning experience
• Facilitation experience of the coach.
Application package to be submitted in electronic version to firstname.lastname@example.org with Individual Strategic Advocacy Support – the name of the organisation/individual in the subject line.
Questions can be submitted to the abovementioned email until August 16, 2022.
Deadline: August 17, 2022
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.